I need to setup sending my VAT Returns through FBA
- Have you signed up to Making Tax Digital with HMRC?
- You then need to link FBA to HMRC, by going to Setup -> VAT -> MTD Settings
- Follow the questions and you will link to the HMRC website, put in your credentials and get to the Grant Authority page.
- Once you close this page, you will see a due date appear on the home screen under Current VAT information – you are now ready to submit VAT returns through VAT
My VAT return date does not match what HMRC is expecting
- If HMRC are expecting the incorrect period, get in touch with them to get this corrected their end.
- If HMRC are expecting the correct VAT period, then you will need to open or close a VAT period on FBA – contact our Helpdesk or your Analyst for more support
I am getting an error when trying to submit VAT via the software
- Close out of FBA completely, open and try again.
- Try re-linking the software to HMRC via MTD Settings and try again
- HMRC might be down, try again tomorrow.
I haven’t received my VAT return into the bank.
- Check for a Receipt ID in the VAT section under Office Accounts, if this is present, phone HMRC.
- If the VAT period has been closed on FBA, and there is no Receipt ID, then contact our Helpdesk.
I can’t submit my VAT through FBA
Try re-linking the software to HMRC via the MTD Settings found under Setup-VAT, if this doesn’t work try again tomorrow and see if it has something to do with HMRC being down. Alternatively contact our Helpdesk
- How do I register for making tax digital
How do I get the FBA software?
You must purchase a licence key for the software.