I need to setup sending my VAT Returns through FBA
- Please make sure you are signed up to Making Tax Digital on HMRC?
- You then need to link FBA to HMRC, by going to Setup -> VAT -> MTD Settings
- Complete the questions and follow the Connect to HMRC button and this will take you to the HMRC website
- Log in with your Making Tax Digital Government Gateway ID, this will take you to the Grant Authority page. Press Grant Authority
- Once you close this page, you will see a due date appear on the home screen under Current VAT information – you are now ready to submit VAT returns through VAT
- If the due date does not appear, or you get any errors when submitting, close the FBA program and reopen
- How can I reauthorise my software to submit VAT returns to HMRC via MTD?
My VAT return date does not match what HMRC is expecting
- If HMRC are expecting the incorrect period, get in touch with them to get this corrected their end
- If HMRC are expecting the correct VAT period, then you will need to open or close a VAT period on FBA – contact our Helpdesk or your Analyst for more support
I can't submit my VAT
- Close out of FBA completely, open and try again.
- Reauthorise the program to submit VAT by going to Setup -> VAT -> MTD Settings
- Check the questions are answered correctly and then follow the Connect to HMRC button and this will take you to the HMRC website
- Log in with your Making Tax Digital Government Gateway ID, this will take you to the Grant Authority page. Press Grant Authority.
- Now close the FBA program and reopen
- Attempt to close your VAT, if this does not work contact the FBA helpdesk.
I haven’t received my VAT return into the bank.
- Check for a Receipt ID in the VAT section under Office Accounts, if this is present, phone HMRC
- If the VAT period has been closed on FBA, and there is no Receipt ID, then contact our Helpdesk
- How do I register for Making Tax Digital
- How do I get the FBA software?