Milkminder is a dairy management tool that provides both financial and technical data, helping you to make informed decisions for your business.
Please use this FAQ page to solve queries regarding Milkminder, whether you are inputting your own information online or one of our team is inputting it for you to produce your monthly reports.
Milkminder features include:
- Monthly reports on your milk production, feed usage, stocking rates and profit margins
- Benchmarking allows you to see where you stand in comparison to other dairy farms in your area
- Annual summaries and accurate forecasts help you to budget and plan for the coming months
- Information is easily accessible
- How do I access my Milkminder Account?
If I sign up to to Milkminder do I receive the first three months free?
Yes this is correct.
How often do I get a report?
Reports are processed on a monthly basis.
I can’t remember my password/ID number – how can I recover it?
To recover your password, please telephone the Milkminder team on 01270 616810. Your ID number is the same as your client number (for example TP123456 or G765432)
- How do I enter my monthly data online?
I have entered my data – what do I do now?
Remember to run your monthly report.
If you require a printed copy, you can request this when you have run your monthly report by clicking option 3 – Request Report. A copy of that month’s report will then be posted to you by the Milkminder team.
Alternatively, you can print a copy yourself by hovering your mouse over the top righthand corner of the report and click on the printer icon.
Do I have to enter “turnout” and “full housing” dates?
No, this is not essential. However, doing so will provide a figure on your report for “Yield from grazed forage per cow”.
Why is my annual summary not calculating correctly?
There are a number of reasons why the annual summary may not calculate:
1. Missing “cows in milk” figure in any month
2. Missing feed details
3. Missing milk price
4. Missing quality/compositional figures